Pokemon Heroines


Pokemon Heroines featuring Beru, Moe, Haruka, Kanon, and Kasumi
Year: 2012
Medium: Sakura Multiliners, Copic Markers, and Prismacolor Pencils

I admit that I have watched Pokemon since its first season airings on television, and my brother and even my younger sister now too, and I regularly watch the new episodes on Saturday mornings like the good old days of Kanto and Johto. Pokemon's been a huge part of my life, and it's one of the anime I attribute my growing interest in drawing too. I used to pause some tapes I had of it to stop and draw characters like Erika or Kasumi.

My favorite character from Pokemon is the obscure Kanon, who only appeared in the 5th film of Pokemon: Guardians of the Water Capital - Latias and Latios. She's an artist from Altomare who paints pictures and spends time playing with Latias, one of the guardians of the water city.

From time to time, I seem to like drawing either her or Kasumi often. I started with just Kasumi, and within an hour, I ended up adding Kanon and then Haruka (who's design and colors I love!), and then I finally added an angry Moe in the back since she's probably jealous that they're all so close to Satoshi. I finally added Beru since I'm not a huge fan of Iris (she keeps calling Satoshi-senpai a child!) and the fact that she's so adorable and airheaded (and I can identify with her on that! xD).

It took roughly about 1.5 to 2 hours to draw everything and color it fully, and it was my first time drawing Beru out. I had previously drawn the girls in other pictures when I was roughly ten or eleven.

Comments