First Post and Introductions!

I want to start off by apologizing if I rarely ever post, as it takes some getting used to. If you find my Livejournal (or check the side links), you can see that it’s the most updated. I admit I spend too much time on the Internet, but I don’t post a zillion things, nor can I can get into the reblogging process too much. I’m sorry! ^^;

This art blog was in the making for some time, although I never had the guts to really sit down and showcase my work around. I used to present some graphic design work back on DeviantArt, but I wasn’t too fond of it. I may start one soon, although I find this being a little more personal. My friends have inspired me to start organizing my doodles into something fun and able to be enjoyed by other fans.

I do like using this as a free-talk corner and a place to showcase my artwork at various ranges and mediums. I have some experience and am attending the university for even more. My skills range from traditional artwork, using Copics, Prismacolors, and attended college previously where I learned fashion sketching and illustrations. Now I’m attending college for game design and illustration, and have a self-taught graphic design background through high school and college.

Growing up, I drew anime-inspired art after pausing so many VHS’s and trying to draw my favorite characters - Lord knows you can find some chicken scratch Utenas around my old folders - and now they have transitioned into concept artwork both through traditional and digital illustrations. I’m learned in technical sketching as well (although it takes a long time for me, admittedly!), and am also self-taught in watercolors, oils, acrylics, and pastels. I do have a few sculptures from a ceramics class as well, and some minor installations.

My most recent works have been working on some fan art whenever I’m taking a break from some larger projects I have in the gaming world. <3

My other great passion is cosplay and costume design, which I got into fully back in 2001 when I was a greenhorn barely having transitioned from the single digits.

I love cosplaying a wide variety of characters, and when I attended school for costume design, it inspired me to work harder. Most of of the characters I cosplay are from various anime I love, mostly older ones, and a large list from the vast number of visual novels I play and adore. Only recently have I gotten the chance to compete, which have fared well ~ our cosplay group is called Pants Your Goonies Cosplay, and keeping it old school.

A lot of my costumes have personal meanings to me, as they each provide a wonderful growing and challenging experience for me. I figured it was time to put them in a great place where others can see my work in progress and we all can share a mutual excitement for cosplay.

I look forward to sharing my work with everyone!

Comments